Friday, January 17, 2014

This crap is bananas.

Oh my roommate. Words will never be able to accurately describe her. She is one of a kind. I've known this but I didn't think it would get weirder. But, alas, it always does. So this post will solely be about her and such weirdness.

She decided a week ago that she didn't want that random section of blonde in her hair, so she bleached her entire head, mini curled dreads and all, and dyed it a BRIGHT, shockingly vibrant, red. Since she has dreads and doesn't want to wash them too much, there is remnant of dye in her hair for the next few days. So she'll come back from a run and her sweat will be tinted red running down from her scalp.

One of her most recent things lately, also, is waiting outside the door while I'm showering so she can run into the bathroom to pee. Which, is fine, but it happens EVERYDAY. No matter what time of day. I think she'll be at class or something but as I get out BAM there she is. Like, I'm naked in my towel and right as I open the door, she about knocks me over running in to use the toilet.

Another thing I guess I didn't really notice last semester, was her weird issue with bananas. She is almost AFRAID to put things near bananas because she thinks they will start tasting like bananas. So there are secluded on out kitchen table, not in proximity to any other food that is in cupboards or on the counter tops. Now, I have never noticed things being stored by bananas starting to taste like them, but I figured it was reasonable. At first. But Laura takes it to the extreme. "My mom sent me some cookies, but I kept them in my room so they wouldn't taste like bananas. I want you to eat some though so I will leave them in here so they don't get all banana-y" as she places them on a chair in the front room about 20 feet from the kitchen. They were still in a box, and she literally stored them there for days. She also explained to me that her mom used to make her lunches and would have to put the banana is an entirely separate bag so that she wouldn't get the taste of banana on the rest of her lunch. and then this morning she was slicing bananas on a plate, and was like "Oh, Sh**!"
Me: "What!?!?!"
Laura: " I didn't want to use this plat for this! Now it's going to have that banana taste on it!"

In my head, I am just like, 'you've got to be kidding me' but I just took a bite of my eggs and kept to myself. Apparently this plate is tarnished forever, no matter how many times you wash it. Curse you, dang bananas.

And, for the grand finale: the events of last night. Laura had gone to the grocery store at like 6, and since we both don"t have cars, she took the bus. I really didn't think anything of it, even though it was almost 9 and she wasn't back yet. So, I'm just sitting in my room and I hear the door open and cold from outside flood the house. Laura is literally PANTING. She is always making weird noises, so although I thought it was strange, I didn't suspect anything out of the ordinary. Then she comes around the corner. still panting, covered in sweat. "Cortney, I did something bad. There's something in our living room right now that's kind of weird." I give her a weird look and instantly get up, to check it out. It was a shopping cart that she stole from Smith's. I immediately just start cracking up. I thought it was something worse, I don't even know what, but you never really do know with this girl. Apparently, she went shopping while hungry and forgot she was riding the bus, so she loaded up her shopping cart to the brim. After checkout, she realized she couldn't carry it all with her on the bus, so the only next logical thing she could do was to take the shopping cart home.

Yes, I am aware of how ugly my apartment is. There is nothing I can do.

Now, Smith's is not too far from campus, maybe a mile or two, but campus is at the top of a relatively steep hill. So she chugged along up that hill, with her stolen shopping cart, and she even passed by a few cops (or so she says).

As she is unloading her cart and I'm sneaking a couple pictures, she is saying, "Cortney, I don't know why I do such weird things". I just laughed because I had more criteria for my blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment