Thursday, April 17, 2014

Bragging rights go to me



Frankly, I really don't  have anything to write about. I mean, I do, but they are all uninteresting. Like when a guy in the institute building said "Howdy, howdy!" to me as he walked by and I was caught off guard so I was just like "Guh--" (Thinking he was going to ask "how are you" and being sadly surprised and mistaken) or just now when I unplugged my head phones and Tech N9ne was blasting in the silent computer lab at a slightly profane part. Or maybe that I discovered that you can see through a crevice of my window into my room from outside, making me very fearful that some innocent bystanders have seen some of my underwear dance parties. But other than that, literally I got nothing. But I want to write. So here I am.

This week has been rough. Filled with voluntary 2 hour work outs (say what you will about my time management but I have kissed 8 pounds of fat away in the past month so...ha!), social welfare agency visits (That I procrastinated badly considering next week is the last week of school), having strangers text me incessantly to accompany on such visits since we all procrastinated, writing papers, doing work sheets, discussion readings and posts, a talk for sacrament meeting, cramming in early morning grocery store trips via public transportation and a sociology final. I've just wanted to crawl into a hole. (Preferably one filled with these protein bars that trick me into thinking I'm eating candy). Or like, go home. Home-home. To G-town.

I am 10000% done. Literally and figuratively. So, what makes me happy when I'm not? My boy. :)

And ice cream, but that's irrelevant.

Sometimes, I get really embarrassed that he reads these things, or when he finds out I have been listening to his Soundcloud because it is linked up to Facebook. I really don't want to be that "overly attached girlfriend" since my big eyes already fit the criteria...



 But, I miss him really a lot. So what else can I do after I have watched Letters to Juliet, The Lucky One, Dear John, Footloose and Safe Haven all within the past week and want my own Charlie, Logan, John, Ren and Alex? (And you all wondered why I didn't have a social life. Actually, that probably never even crossed your mind.)

But anyways, I want to write about Chase because really struck gold when it comes to him. (and I wasn't even digging because I kind of planned on being a little bit of a slut my freshman year of college). For those of you who don't know, we've basically in a long distance relationship for our entire relationship. The only times we've really been together while being "together" were my breaks from school and like a month of summer beforehand. And that's it. We've talked every single day, without fail, my entire 2 semesters at school. And when everyone says, "that sucks that you're in a long distance relationship". However, whenever anyone says that, I think the opposite. I mean, what is more cool than a guy being 800 miles away from you for months at a time and stays completely loyal, who talks to you every day, is there to call when you're sad, or calls you when he knows you are sad but are being too stubborn to ask for help, make you laugh or smile and anything else. This kid actually likes me! And that is mega weird for the girl who before going to school contemplated majoring in "Third-wheeling".  (seriously though, I am the best if you need a cop out or a tag along for a pity date. I may have an actual business plan for this.) He is my best friend in every sense of the word and continues to inspire me and encourage me everyday, while also being my number one distraction from all school work. (It's all about balance right?) Anyways, he came into my life right when I needed it most and nothing makes me more joyful and grateful than that. He keeps me grounded with his always reliable, sometimes semi-brutal honesty, while I continue to set up camp on Cloud 9.

And some pictures for my own indulgence.







No comments:

Post a Comment