Wednesday, February 5, 2014

ALLL BYYYY MYYYYYSEEELLLFFFF

First of all, if you didn't sing that title, shame on you. Stop reading right now and go and think about what you've done.

Sooo updates!

I have been living alone for 2 weeks exactly right now...I was apprehensive at first, a little scared, (the first night even the tiniest of noises were so spooky to me) but now, I absolutely love it. Everything is cleaner, quieter, and just all around better. No one to bug me with the noise of watching "I Love Lucy" in the front room, no scratching my DVDs, dirtying my grill, NOTHING. And I don't have to wear pants. Do you understand me? I DO NOT EVER have to wear pants if I don't want to. WHAT COLLEGE AGE PERSON HAS THIS FREEDOM? Very few, folks, very few. I am taking advantage of it. It's too much information, but there's just something liberating about being able to walk from room to room STARK naked. It's too wonderful for words. The only downfall of it all is I don't feel the need to keep things clean for other people, so I leave my things all over the house. Backpack on the couch, iPod on the table,  shoes in the front room, clothes on the bathroom floor. It never gets too bad, but no one comes over anyways so even if it did, it still wouldn't be a problem.

P.s. Yes, the shopping cart is still sitting there in my front room as a decoration piece.

I still also struggle with my bus rides. ALL I WANTED was to go to walgreens to pick up photo prints, um, I ended up in Idaho. Okay, not really, but almost. The walgreens is maybe 2 mikes or so from where I live, but I took the wrong bus (amateur mistake) and went so far up north that is took me OVER AN HOUR to get back to the transit center from where I walked to walgreens. It was  bitter cold, too, as always.

Also, today, I needed DESPERATELY to get food. My class was cancelled so I took a 9:00 bus trip to the grocery store and bought $80 worth of food. I crammed my backpack to the very top but my bags were still uncomfortably heavy. I left the store and realized it was snow storming outside. Luckily the bus was outside waiting for me so I hoped on instantly. But, I had never been in the bus this early in the morning. And it got PACKED. I'm talking standing room only type stuff. So I crammed my groceries under my seat to be courteous to others, but as I got up, my bag got caught and ripped a huge gash in my bag. I got off the bus and maneuvered the bag in such a way that the contents wouldn't fall out. So here I am, walking a fourth mile to my apartment in the snow, while it's currently snowing, trying to avoid slipping on  ice and keep my food inside the ripped bags which are HEAVY, with sore arms from my work out the day prior. Not a good way to start my day. But then I made healthy muffins that were tasty so it brought my day back up.

So, my exercise classes that are just as interesting  as my life gets nowadays. And I haven't talked about them yet. Sooooo here we go!

Monday and Wednesday I signed up for kickboxing, but got BOXERCISE. Our teacher is this short guy (I'm talking 5'3") with gray hair and crazy eye brows who looks Asian but I guess isn't, and told us today that he used to be able to do wall splits. So there's that. Anyways, it's basically, boxing and karate mixed together,and instead of the aerobic exercise class I planned for, it's basically combat lessons. The first day we even pulled out the boxing gloves. A lot of girls dropped since it obviously wasn't the aerobic kick boxing class we were all expecting, but it decided to stick it out. I mean, I get to punch people and learn roundhouse kicks so I'm not complaining. Even though I look so stupid doing all of it. It's so funny because our teacher is always saying "so if you get in a street fight..." No. We are in Logan, Utah. The only fight you're going to get into is fight the ice while scraping it off your windshield. But even funnier is people watching in that class. It is FULL of odd balls that take it soooo seriously. I just laugh at them. Openly.

My other exercise class is Zumba. Oh mama. That kicks my butt. First of all, my instructor is this cute little tan girl and is THE typical white girl. Always wears PINK by Victoria Secret, leggings, and Uggs until she changes into her bright Nike's. And I have a total girl crush on her. But more in the "I want to be her" kind of way. But anyways, she is always late. It's hilarious. One time she came in and was like "class is cancelled today because I'm going to the hospital right now" her face was all puffy because she was having an allergic reaction. She found out it was to the glue from her eyelash extensions. Haha. Then a couple days later she got pulled over on her way to teach class and was just about 15 minutes late. But she teaches all us Momos to dance provocatively, so it's chill.

(See what I have to write about now my interesting roommate is gone? So lame)



No comments:

Post a Comment