Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Ninja Grannie

So this week has been weird. Like, what else is new, right? So, Friday I come back to my apartment in between classes to make myself lunch or whatever, and there's a note on my counter. I looked it over and it said something about being in town and getting Laura's stuff. I just had skimmed the practically illegible handwriting, So I just assumed Laura still had her key and that her and her boyfriend had rented a car and came back to pick up her stuff! like she told me she was going to. Well, after I came back a couple hours later, and expected to see Laura around, she wasn't. I retread the note and realized it was written by Laura's grandma who didn't have a key to our apartment. So, she just let herself in, instead of leaving the note on my front door. Granted, I should have probably not left my door unlocked but it still freaked me out. The next day there was knock on my door and it was Laura's grandpa, grandma, aunt and uncle. Her grandma came up and gave me a big hug and before I even told everyone to come in, they helped the,sleeves and started cleaning up her room and taking her stuff out. So I just stayed in my room until they were leaving. As they were about to go, they commented on my shopping cart and were laughing saying "who stole the shopping cart? It was Christine wasn't it (my old Korean roommate)?" I kind of scoffed and was like "uh, no, that would be Laura". They were astonished. "She pushed that thing all the way up the hill!?!?" Then her grandpa made comments like "that girl is so strange" her grandma was defending Laura but I had to leave the room to keep from laughing. So they took he shopping cart back for me and now I am completely alone, with no evidence of a roommate other than the strange aroma of her room and the red hair dye on her carpet.

So, Monday rolled around and I embarrassed myself being the fool I am. In sociology that day, a guy had come into class late, sat down right next to me (since I was in he seat nearest to the aisle) and immediately pulled out his laptop and earbuds and watched the Olympics. No notes. No attention paid anywhere elsewhere. Just on the Olympics. I was taking notes feverishly, since we had a lot of information to cover, but I kept getting distracted watching the skiers. 15 minutes before class ended, he got up and left. So, later on that night, I went to a study group that a TA has for our class to study he material for our exam this coming Friday. Pat one point, we started to talk about alignment actions (excuses, justification, aplogys, disclaimers) and one is called motive talk, where you basically say why you do something. (Ex: I go snowboarding because it's fun) we had to come up with one to share with the person next to us. So I turned to the guy next to me and said "I have a real life one from class today! I couldn't pay attention, because the guy next to me was watching the Olympics all hour so I was distracted" but then as he laughed I went in and said " and then he left early! I couldn't even figure out why he went to class in the first place!" My have a big mouth and a loud voice, so the guy 2 rows in front of me turns around and was like "hey, that was me! You were sitting next to me!" I froze. I felt my face heat up, but I tried to play it off and be like "oh my gosh, I'm talking crap about you literally behind your back!" I laughed but there is no way people didn't see the embarrassment that flushed my skin and then turned it redder than my lifeguard hoodie I had on. Moral of the story: I have a big mouth not only physically, but metaphorically as well.

Yesterday, yet another strange and terrifying thing happened. I went to class, came home after Zumba to shower and get ready for my next class. After my shower, I was walking to my room, and noticed my roommate's door was shut. I had had it wide open for the past few days, I opened it and relaized that gye beds that had once been pushed next tie another by the closet doors, we're not separated against the opposite wall. I FREAKED. I didn't know if Laura's grandma had come back to clean up or if I had gotten a new roommate or if the bank came in to clean up the stuff since she wasn't living there, I STILL don't know. So I RAN TO my room, and locked the door behind me. I was so scared luckily I wouldn't be alone that night in case it was demons that moved my bed or something.

Yesterday I had a rather fortunate turn in events, as I got a random texts from my good friend Ashlee who goes to BYUI. She was heading to Logan with a friend for something and asked if she could spend the night at my apartment. So, she did. We partied from 7 to 2 in the morning talking about how much we both hate college, about old memories, her missionary and my boyfriend and then about people we had a mutual dislike for, and then got froyo late at night at it was just awesome. It's probably one of my favorite memories from college thus far. We laughed until our cheeks hurt and until I snorted and made people give us strange looks. I needed that.


But even more exciting, Valentines day is here this weekend, but more importantly, so is Chase in about 49 hours, 8 minutes and 40 seconds. Not like I'm counting down or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment