Thursday, February 6, 2014

Sappy Sap!

(Warning: His post contains things of a cheesy, and sappy nature. Proceed with caution)

In just over a week, my boyfriend Chase is coming up to Logan to spend Valentine's Day with me and not even I can fathom how excited I am for this. So, in celebration of this, (since I have been waiting for an entire agonizing month for this) I wrote a song. Which, is a miracle. Honestly. I have sat down and tried with all my might to try and write songs before this, and nothing happened. Yet when I was studying, and picked up my guitar during one of my breaks, the song just flowed wonderfully and I kicked out an entire song. Though it's nothing special, I'm really proud of myself for finally being able to do this and I wanted to share it. Besides, what kind of typical white girl would I be if I didn't post a singing/guitar playing video? Perhaps what makes me less basic is that I look like a total slob and that I put the camera at an angle that makes me look even worse. But it was late at night. Also I am aware that I suck at guitar, but in my defense I just learned how to play it last semester. And don't mind all these disclaimers. I wanted to post it in the safest environment possibile for my self conscious tendencies, and I figure that they only people who read my blog are people that actually like me so I'd be safe from all the HATERS. (Tho h8rs R my motiv8rz! Lulz)  

So without any further adu: Here We Go by yours truly!

So, I feel like I need to give a little back story to this so you understand the song in its true essence. This summer, Chase and I had what I guess you could call a "fling" but I knew I was going off to college as well as he did, so I didn't expect much to come from it. But things just fell into place, even though our first kiss was HORRENDOUS ( I take the blame for that. In my defense, I was caught off guard and hadn't kissed anyone in a year and a half sooo). So anyways, the day came that I was to leave, and as Chase drive me to my house, I was looking out the window trying to hold in tears and not succeeding. I was partially excited to start my college adventure, but leaving was hard because I really liked him. REALLY.  I expected things to fall apart, but they didn't. They actually improved, since separation makes you really appreciate someone and everything they have done for you.  Things got better and better. I was surprised since we were 800 miles apart and people always claim that long distance doesn't work. But we were constantly proving that wrong.
My college life, however, was getting worse and worse, and he continued to be the support I needed, letting me cry in the phone to him when I needed, and complain about all the things I have complained about on this blog. He was my rock that I'd never had before, yet now have when I need it most.
Now, our relationship is finally official, and I look forward to the future, not knowing what it brings. All I know is that I'm happy and that after this semester, Utah State will be a thing of my past and I'll be home free.

So there it is. Hope you enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment